theOnlyCog is a private blog and is not run for profit. The blog is my attempt to chronicle developing areas of Technology that may be of interest to others.
I accept guest posts subject to a few sensible rules detailed below. You do not need to be a blogger, nor have posted before; if you have something interesting to say I would really like to hear about it.
- Your post will be identified with appropriate wording to state that it is a Guest Post.
- You will be allowed to write a brief bio about yourself and link back to your own blog. The bio should include your full name, location and a brief note on your experience; it should be written in the third person. For example, 'This is a guest post by John Smith, who lives and works in the island of Tahiti. He has been a web developer for 10 years and is passionate about web standards".
- All submissions MUST be written in English, and written to a high standard.
- I will promote your post using Twitter, Facebook, etc – but you may wish to promote it too.
- You may not promote your guest post on any site/service deemed to be offensive; if unsure please ask me!
- Guest posts can not be used to advertise a particular product and must be relevant to the Technology theme.
- I do not have a set minimum or maximum length for a post.
- Your post must be original and not have appeared elsewhere.
- You must agree not to submit the post elsewhere once published on theOnlyCog
- Ideally I would like one, non-copyright, image for the top of the post; this should be no more than 150 pixels wide. Additional images may be used within the post but must be relevant, decent and non-copyright.
- Links in the article and in your bio should not include SEO anchor text.
- If you submit a post, you are giving me permission to edit it. This includes editing it for grammar, form, content, and to comply with these guest post guidelines. If I edit the post I will seek your approval on the changes. If we do not agree it will not be published.
- Your guest post will have commenting enabled, allowing others to contribute to the post. You are invited to consider and respond to any comments.
- You may choose to have your guest post published as soon as possible or on a specific date/time. I will provide you with a link to the post in advance.
- I reserve the right to remove your guest post at any time in the future if (but not limited to) there is copyright violation; a serious complaint has been lodged; links from the post back to you are invalid or offensive.
- You will be offered no reward, financial or otherwise, from me for writing a guest post.
If you are interested in submitting a guest post use the Contact Me page and provide a brief idea of the post.
If I feel the idea is acceptable you will be invited to email your complete post for consideration. After the post is reviewed I will let you know if it will be used. If not you are of course free to submit it elsewhere.
Finally, and most importantly, your guest post MUST be of interest. I will not accept posts containing no substance. When I read a blog entry I expect to learn something from it and I always try to offer the same to my readers.
Thank you for your interest.